Western Australia is an active branch of the national body, with social group meeting on regular basis with monthly Lace Days throughout the metro area.
Our group meetings consist of lace makers gathering together to exchange ideas, assistance and to make lace in a social atmosphere. Lace Days are held on a monthly basis and are attended by interested persons, both members and non-members. We welcome visitors at all of our meetings and Lace Days.
In WA there are social gatherings of lace makers at various places and times, please email our Secretary to contact the group closest to you.
- Albany: 2nd and 4th Mondays
- Bellevue Belles, Bellevue, Perth: Monday afternoons
- Busselton: alternate Wednesday
- Collie: alternate Wednesdays
- Ellenbrook, Perth
- Embroiderers’ Guild, Alfred Cove, Perth: Monday mornings
- Lacecargot, Kallaroo, Perth: alternate Saturday afternoons
- Leschenaultia, Mt Helena: Thursday evenings
- Mandurah: Tuesday afternoons
- McDougall, Como, Perth: 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday afternoons
- Wanneroo, Perth: Wednesday mornings
The WA Branch actively demonstrates lace making at appropriate venues and events such as the Perth Craft Show in August and the Perth Royal Show in September each year. If you would like us to demonstrate at your event, please please contact the Branch Secretary.
Lessons and Workshops
Lace making lessons are available from both the Bellevue Belles and Lace Group at the Embroiderers Guild with further teaching options available by contacting the Branch Secretary
Benefits of membership to the Australian Lace Guild
- The Australian Lace magazine from the national body, Australian Lace Guild
- Lace Yarns, a bi-monthly e-magazine from the state branch
- Monthly Lace Days and regular Social Group meetings
- Insurance is available for approved Lace events
- Access to a wide range of books and DVD’s through the WA Branch Library
- Access to tutors and workshops
- Access to the facebook group